Monday, April 25, 2011

Why do the good ones always have to go?

Notorious Big, dead.  Tupac, Dead.  Anna Nicole Smith, just kidding.  In all seriousness when I heard that one of my favorite comedians of all time passed away last September I was pretty shocked.  Greg Giraldo, who was most famous for his savage bestial presence on Comedy Centrals 'The Roast', died of a drug overdose earlier this year.

I think it's pretty fucked up that some people in this world don't get near enough credit as they deserve.  I recently posted an article on the bed intruder character.  A guy who fell into fame, literally.  And then we have people like Greg Giraldo.  One of the most hilarious, witty, in your face type of guys who will most likely be forgotten in the next few years.  Many people don't know that Greg graduated from Harvard Law but never began his own practice after he decided to tackle life as a comedian.  I think one of the main reasons why I liked Greg Giraldo so much was because of his style.  The dude was never afraid to step an peoples toes.  His punchlines rang out like a cash register at Wal-mart.  And just as you thought you could never hear a funnier line he'd come back with another that topped the last.  Lastly I liked Greg because he had the balls to say things that the average person would only think about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRM-CSbC8I4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment